1 cup balsamic vinegar
2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
1 lb. brussels sprouts, ends trimmed, cut in half lengthwise
¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
2 Tbsp. water
1. Place vinegar and garlic in small non-reactive saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; gently boil for 25 to 35 minutes, or until vinegar has become thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. (Watch vinegar carefully after 20 minutes of cooking to avoid burning.)
2. Remove from heat; cool. Remove garlic. Set aside.
3. Heat a medium cast iron (or nonstick) skillet over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
4. Place brussels sprouts in skillet, cut side down, in a single layer; cook for 4 minutes, or until browned.
5. Add salt; cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Add water; cook until water has evaporated.
7. Top each serving with 1 Tbsp. balsamic glaze; serve immediately.
Tip: Remaining balsamic glaze can be served over meat, salmon, roasted vegetables, strawberries, kale chips, etc.