The FIT NP
Family Friendly Clean(er) Eating Recipes
(Use with 5 day meal plan )
Because I believe that I have discovered some very simple ways to eat clean(er) with kids, loose weight and keep it off I wanted to share some of my FIT go-to recipes!
Seriously, I keep things VERY simple to survive and IT WORKS!
I The FIT NP- Family Friendly 1 WEEK Clean(ER) Eating Meal Plan
Apple Cinnamon Oats– (I place oats in small 1/2 cup containers for myself and kids to eat all week)
- melt 1 tbs coconut oil (for coating the slow cooker)
- 2 cup oats
- 4½ cups water
- 2½ cups Almond Breeze unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 ½ cup chopped apple pieces
- 2 Tablespoon maple syrup + 5 drops of liquid stevia (or other sweetener of choice)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- chopped nuts, nut butter, coconut sugar and/or dried fruit for serving
- Coat your slow cooker with cooking spray, butter or coconut oil.
Add all the ingredients into slow cooker and mix well. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Place in a bowl to serve and top with nuts, dried fruit and sweetener of choice.
Serving size: 1 bowl without toppings Calories: 158 Fat: 4g Carbohydrates: 26g Sugar: 3g Fiber: 4gProtein: 5g
Meat Loaf Cups
- 1 ½ lbs ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ½ cup green pepper, diced
- ½ cup carrot, grated
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup Stubbs original BBQ sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all meatloaf ingredients with your hands. Once mixture is thoroughly combined, fill each tin cup with 1/4 cup of turkey mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk sauce ingredients. Brush onto the tops of each turkey muffin.
- Lightly spray a piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray and cover muffin pan. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and remove cover, cook for an additional 20 minutes or until internal temperature is 165°.
- Once turkey cups are in the oven, start your cauliflower mash. Do not bake mashed cauliflower liked directed in step 4, instead scoop mashed cauliflower in piping bag.
- Remove meatloaf from muffin cups and place on serving tray. Starting at the outside of each muffin and in circular motion, pipe cauliflower onto each turkey cup. Garnish with parsley and drizzle any leftover sauce onto the tops and serve hot along with the extra mashed cauliflower!
- Make It Easy Tip: Don’t have a decorating bag? Place the mashed cauliflower in a large Ziploc® bag. Snip off one corner of the bag and viola… a makeshift decorating bag!
BBQ Salmon2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
2 tablespoons brown sugar
4 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Lemon slices (optional)
Combine first 3 ingredients in a zip-top plastic bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally.
Preheat oven to 400°.
Remove fish from bag; discard marinade. Combine sugar and next 5 ingredients (sugar through cinnamon) in a bowl. Rub over fish; place in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve with lemon slices, if desired.
Roasted Cauliflower– good your kids will not only eat it, they’ll ask for more!
1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces
4 garlic cloves peeled and smashed
4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. thyme leaves
½ C. grated Parmesan
Preheat oven to 425. Whisk together the garlic cloves, olive oil, lemon juice, and sea salt in a bowl. Toss cauliflower in olive oil mixture until well coated. Place on baking sheet, and drizzle any remaining olive oil over the cauliflower pieces. Bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Continue to bake for an additional 20 minutes until cauliflower is golden brown. Serve immediately.
– See more at: http://frugalbites.com/the-best-ever-parmesan-roasted-cauliflower/#sthash.KfVjO2yk.WMhf8umG.dpuf
It’s incredibly simple and the chicken goes into the crock-pot in minutes.
Rub Ingredients for the Chicken (or purchase a crock-pot bag that already included seasoning- and I suggest using a crock pot liner regardless)4 tsp salt
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
For the Crockpot
1 cup chopped onion, approx 1 medium to large onion
4 to 5 carrots, scrubbed, no need to peel, chopped in halves or thirds
4 celery stalks, cut in thirds
2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
1 whole lemon quartered
3 1/2 to 4 1/2 lbs roasting or fryer chicken
Combine rub ingredients in a small bowl and set aside. Prep the vegetables and place inside the slow cooker (I use a 7 quart oval one like this one.
Remove chicken from packaging and remove neck and pouch with organs. Discard or reserve for later use in another recipe. Rinse chicken with water and pat dry with paper towels.
Rub garlic all over outside of the chicken. Put garlic inside the chicken. Put the rub all over the outside and inside the chicken. Add quartered lemon to the inside of the chicken.
Place chicken on top of the vegetables. Cover slow cooker and cook chicken on low for 4-8 hours. (When I used a 4 lb chicken, it took about 6 hours. The time will depend on the size of the chicken and your slow cooker.) Cook until the internal temperature of the leg is at 160 degrees F or use a pop-up thermometer as the original recipe calls for.
Remove chicken and place in a 9×13 glass or ceramic baking dish. Place baking dish in the oven under the broiler for about 4-5 minutes. Allow chicken to rest after removing it from the broiler for 5-10 minutes.
Read more at http://www.thelittlekitchen.net/whole-chicken-in-a-slow-cooker/#41917DiezSuJ38R6.99
Spicy Sausage and Pepper2 3/4 cups bread flour
1 cup whole wheat flour (or 3 3/4 cups bread flour)
2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
(or just use a pre-prepared whole wheat crust)
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 1/2 cup warm water
extra virgin olive oil for the pan
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, yeast, salt, and sugar. Add warm water all at once. Using a wooden spoon, work the mixture together until fully incorporated. If necessary ditch the spoon and work the mixture together with your hands. The dough will be slightly shaggy.
Cover the dough with plastic wrap and a clean kitchen towel. Let rise at room temperature for 2 hours.
After resting, dump the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Divide in half. If you’re only going to make one pizza, wrap the second piece of dough in plastic wrap, place in a ziplock bag, and place in the freezer. Defrost dough in the fridge overnight and allow to come to room temperature before pressing out into the pizza crust.
Working with one dough at a time, liberally oil a 13×18-inch rimmed baking sheet with olive oil. Place the rounded dough on the pan and stretch and press the dough out into a flat rectangle. If the dough springs bag as you’re pressing it out, simply wait five minutes to allow the dough to rest and then try again. The dough should be very this. If the dough tears, don’t worry, just press it back together.
Top with:pizza with sauce (all the way to the edges) cheese, and toppings.
3/4 cup pizza sauce (minimal sugar sauce)
1 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 uncooked spicy sausage (or chicken breast, turkey bacon), de-cased and sautéed until cooked through
thinly sliced red and yellow peppers
Place on top rack and preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until the edges are charred and bubbling. Serve immediately.