Oat and Cashew Hotcakes
You don’t have to skip the tasty stuff when on a clean diet!
Enjoy these family friendly hotcakes!
21 DAY FIX AND 21 DAY FIX EXTREME APPROVED
Total Time: 20 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 10 min.
Yield: 7 servings, 2 hotcakes each
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
½ cup raw cashews
1 dash Himalayan salt (or sea salt)
1 large egg
1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1⅓ cups distilled water
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1¾ cup mixed berries
1. Place oats, cashews, and salt in food processor or blender; pulse until coarsely ground.
2. Add egg, oil, water, and extract; pulse until well blended. Batter will be thick, but if it is as thick as paste add 2 to 3 additional Tbsp. of water.
3. Heat medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
4. Spoon about ¼ cup batter into skillet for each pancake; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbles form on top.
5. Flip with spatula and cook for 30 seconds.
6. Repeat with remaining batter.
7. Serve pancakes topped evenly with berries.
Courtesy of Beachbody Blog