Creamy Curry Chicken
With a creamy, curry base made from light coconut milk, this entree tastes much more decadent than it is. If you’ve ever been intimidated by making a curry dish, this recipe is a great place to start. It’s extremely simple, and the results are absolutely delicious. This is a great recipe to make and freeze in individual portions (freeze couscous in separate containers).
Total Time: 42 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 27 min.
Yield: 8 servings
2 cups water
2½ cups canned light coconut milk, divided use
1 tsp. salt, divided use
2 cups dry whole-grain couscous
2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp. curry powder
2 lbs. raw chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into ½-inch strips or bite-sized pieces
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
3 medium carrots, cut into matchstick-sized pieces
½ cup raisins
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat water, ½ cup coconut milk, and ¼ tsp. salt in medium saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to boil. Gradually stir in couscous. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Remove cover and fluff with a fork.
2. Combine remaining ¾ tsp. salt, flour, and curry powder in a resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, seal the bag, and toss gently to coat.
3. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook for 5 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
4. Add remaining 2 cups coconut milk, carrots, and raisins. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 7 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
5. Place ½ cup of couscous in each of 8 serving bowls and top with ¾ cup curried chicken. Garnish each serving with 1 Tbsp. cilantro.
Courtesy of Beachbody Blog